City of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Navigation
Vote For Us!

Welcome to Berlin!
Berlin

Rules
Plot For The Academy
Face Claim List
"Canon" List
Introduction Model

It is now: Autumn!
Summer

Latest topics
» AbaddonCity.com |18+|
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:15 am by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 am by Guest

» Dark Times Lie Ahead ~ An AU fourth-year Harry Potter RP
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 am by Juliet Rousseau

» The War in Heaven - Panfandom Roleplay
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:52 pm by Guest

» Texts From Last Night
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm by Nicholas Rivera

» Martial Arts (open)
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm by Maria Renner

» Emma Blackwells
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:48 am by Maria Renner

» THE WILD - STEAM | GANGS | ABILITIES | LITERATURE
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am by Guest

» Earth's Mightiest Heroes - A SuperWhoLockVengers RP
Something unexpected [Kathleen] EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm by Sadie Carlisle

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Sites We <33
Affiliate with us and have your banner here!

Member Sites

Something unexpected [Kathleen]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Something unexpected [Kathleen] Empty Something unexpected [Kathleen]

Post by Jason Collins Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Jason sat near the back of Le Papillon Noir and watched those around him.  It was one of those rare nights that he was able to get away from his post at the embassy and take in the Berlin nightlife.  Actually, his boss, Lt. Col. McKenna Boyd, had to practically order him to take the night off.  Jason, we appreciate how dedicated you are to your duties here, its not going kill you if your not on watch for one night Lt. Col. Boyd said to him.  Jason got the hint and handed things over to his second in command, Staff sergeant Henry Corcoran.  While sitting at the table, Jason had a beer in his hand, one that was a local flavor, not a import.  Jason was rather impressed with how it tasted.  After taking a sip, the sound of an argument got his attention.  Jason looked over to see a guy harassing a youthful looking blonde woman.  Jason sighed a bit, then walked over after seeing that the bouncers were distracted with other guy.  "Everything okay here ma'am?" Jason asked the woman once he was close enough.  At the same time, he mentally prepared himself in case push came to shove.  Jason was a Black Belt 3rd degree in MCMAP, so he would have no problem in holding his own if it came to it.

Last edited by Jason Collins on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Something unexpected [Kathleen] Empty Re: Something unexpected [Kathleen]

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Kat, as the club mom, took her duties very seriously. She made sure that guys like the one she was arguing with right now, left the girls alone. Attention was okay, but some guys showed a bit too much attention to those dancers and they complained about this particular guy a few times already. So today Kathleen had enough. Once and for all. 
Of course the guy made a big deal about it. Like those guys always do, but Kat knew how to handle them. She could stand up for herself and, being smaller than them or not, she knew how to make an impression. 
"You know the rules, Greg." Kat said seriously, giving the man before her a very stern look. "The girls are complaining about you and I've warned you before." 

Greg, a tall, but not very atheletic guy with dark blonde hair and blue eyes, was about to reply something, when Jason interrupted. He turned around, giving a slight glare at Jason, which was not lost on Kathleen. She had her guard up, just like she knew she had to.
"Nothing I can't handle mister." Kathleen said to Jason. She was impressed that someone actually got up to come over and help if necessary, but right now she had everything under control.

"You better leave Greg, before I call my bouncers over." she said to the upset looking man before her.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Jason watched Greg as he looked at him.  "Sir, if your trying to intimidate me, its not working." Jason said to him matter of factly.  Greg was dumbfounded when that was said to him.  "Fine, I'll leave" Greg said to Kathleen.  He left a Euro on the table, then turned and walked out.  Jason watched as he walked out the door, then looked back to Kathleen.  "I take it that is not the first time he has given you trouble?" he asked the woman as he watched her.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Kathleen watched Greg walk out of the club. She was surprised that he left voluntarily. Usually she would have called security to get him out, but it seemed he was smarter today. Maybe because earlier she told him that if she had to remove him again from the club, she'd ban him from the club.
After being spoken to, Kat turned her attention to Jason and sighed a little bit. He was a nice man, she could tell. His actions spoke for that very clearly. It was rare to find a man like that in here.
"Not exactly me, but the girls." Kat replied. "You see, some guys pay a little too much attention to some girls and it gets ugly real fast sometimes. In this case, my girls complained."
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Jason nodded a bit in reply as he listened to Kat tell him that.  "I see" he replied.  "Its good that your protective of them.  I can tell you take your job here seriously." he said to Kat as he watched her.  At the same time, he started to feel something different as he talked to her, but quickly pushed it aside.  Discipline Jason, you just met her, don't make a fool out of yourself he said to himself as he watched Kat after making that comment to her.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Kathleen smiled a little bit in return. "Why, thank you. I do take my duties seriously. I'm the House Mum here, it's my job to make sure my girls are safe." she replied as-a-matter-of-factly. 
Of course, taking care of that wasn't the only thing she did for those girls. She was like a mother, listening to their problems, giving advice and sometimes she jumped in when one called in sick and there was nobody else who could jump in. 
Kat was always there for the dancers and every other employee of the club. They knew, whenever there was a problem, they could come to her and she'd do her best to take care of it. And she liked that kind of job. 

"So uh... I haven't seen you here before... this your first time here?" she asked, looking at the man before her. Truth be told - he did look kinda attractive, but Kat wouldn't show that too obviously. It wasn't her style.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Jason nodded a bit in reply when Kathleen said that to him.  "Yes it is" he said to her.  "My boss had to practically order me to take the night off." he added while watching her.  As he did, he could not help but notice how attractive Kathleen was, but he didn't show it either.  "Want to sit with me while we talk?" Jason asked off the cuff as he stood there with her.  At the same time, one of the dancers noticed them talking and could tell they were starting to flirt with each other.  The young woman smiled a bit, then went about her business.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:25 pm

In her mind Kathleen crinkled her nose at his comment about his boss having to order him to take a day off. As much as Kath loved her job and as serious as she took her duties, but Julie wouldn't have to tell her twice to take a day off. It put her a little off, hearing that he seemed to be a workaholic and considering her long working hours, she didn't quite look for someone who had to be ordered to stay a day at home.
Seems like he doesn't have a girlfriend to go home to at the end of the day... maybe that's why he won't take days off. Couldn't hurt to talk for a little bit, though, could it?
Considering that thought, she eventually nodded her head once. "Sure. Why not."
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 am

Jason watched her as she said that, then nodded and turned to head back to his table.  Once there, he pulled out one of the chairs for her.  At the same time, he had noticed Kat crinkling her nose when he made that comment about his commanding officer.  It was true though: he didn't have someone to come home to, so as a result, he worked longer hours and worked harder then the rest of the Marines at the embassy.  However, Jason wanted to change that and he had a feeling that Kat, despite the fact they just met, might be the one for him.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 pm

A slight smile came to the young woman's face at his kind gesture. Who in this club would ever pull out a chair for her? To Kathleen, those men who do, were special. So this moment was sort of special.
"Thank you very much." she said, sitting down. 
Then Kat let her eyes wander around the club for a moment, just to make sure everything was okay and she could enjoy a moment and relax. When she saw everything was quiet, Kathleen looked back at Jason.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
btw... she didn't actually crinkle her nose, so he couldn't see it. She did that in her mind
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Jason nodded in reply when Kathleen said that to him.  "You're most welcome ma'am" he replied as he sat across from her.  When she looked back at him, Jason locked eyes with Kathleen.  In that split second, Jason felt a connection with her.  Odd he said to himself as he watched her.  "So, how long have you worked here?" he asked, making conversation with her to break the silence between them.

~~~~~~
Oh Smile
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Kath just couldn't help but giggle a little at his reply. Ma'am... what an usual way to be called at her age, but she found it rather cute than amusing. He really seemed to be a good guy. Although, when she met her ex she had thought the same about him and he turned out to be quite not the good man. Stop dwelling on the past, girl... Besides... you don't have to let him this close to you just yet. You know you won't.
"Been working here for three years tomorrow." Kat replied casually. Talking about work, great. She loved her job, she really did, but she had imagined something a little less work-related for small talk. It'll come... 
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Jason nodded in reply when Kathleen said that to him.  "Its clear that you do your job well." he said to her.  "So, tell me about yourself" he asked off the cuff as he sat and watched Kathleen, knowing that he would not get anywhere by only asking about her job.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:51 pm

Kathleen raised her brown and have him a slightly questioning look when he told her to tell him about herself. Well, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon, she knew that much. Ever since she broke up with her ex-boyfriend she didn't let anyone close to her and it wasn't that long ago that she broke up with him. 
Sure, the blond rebel would flirt around just like every other woman, but she wasn't going to get involved with anyone this fast. 
Oh no, he's gotta show a little more efford if he wants to know about me.

"I don't think there's anything to tell at this point, besides that I work here and I know what I want." she replied. "I don't spill personal stuff just like that."
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:33 am

Jason nodded a bit with Kathleen said that to him.  "Understandable" he said to her gently.  Jason took another sip of his beer, then set the glass back down on the table.  "As you can tell, I'm not a native of Germany." he said to her off the cuff as he put his hand into his pocket.  "And I'm sure you can tell that I'm not like most men." Jason added at the same time.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:01 am

Kat leaned back in her chair and watched Jason. She had a feeling that he was a good man, a nice guy, yet the pain of the bad relationship she just ended a couple of months ago was still too vivid in her memory and she wasn't about to let her guard down easily. In fact - she would take her time with that. Take things slow and only let her guard down if she was certain that she could trust him and he really cared.
"That depends on the definition of most men." Kathleen countered. "I'm just not the type of woman who lets her guard down just because a guy seems to be nice. I may be a bad girl, but I'm protective of my feelings and my heart."

Gee, feisty again... nice, really nice. If that doesn't scare him away, you're lucky, Kat. But what could she do? It was the truth and she was still hurting inside, which she wouldn't show of course, but he might guess if he was smart.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 am

Jason nodded in reply when Kathleen said that to him.  "I understand" he said to her, noticing her feistyness.  "Your a feisty one.....I like that." Jason said to Kathleen in an honest tone.  Being a Marine, he was used to being around women like that, so it was of no bother to him.  "I also like how your honest." he added as he watched her before taking another sip of his beer, finishing it off at this time.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:33 am

Kathleen eyed him a little suspiciously. Usually she would have told him just how feisty she was, but something told her Jason didn't mean his comment like a smug guy did. Still, she wasn't sure what to think of him, so she decided to keep her comment to herself. 
And besides, he said he liked her honesty, so maybe he was able to see more of what she was saying than other guys did. Maybe he really was different from the last guy she thought was nice. Maybe I am lucky this time.

"Most of the guys coming here would've dropped the flirting act by now." Kat said honestly, looking into his eyes. Her voice was a lot softer and more friendly now.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 am

Jason noticed it, "I'm not flirting with you ma'am." he said to her in the same soft and friendly tone as Kathleen.  The last thing he wanted to do was scare her off.  Careful Jason, you don't want to scare her off do you? he asked himself as he watched her.  "If I may tell you this....I have an adopted daughter." he said off the cuff as he looked Kathleen in the eyes to gauge her reaction to what he just said to her.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Uff. That was something to take in. But why did it concern her? Was she really this interested in this guy she just met? Sure, she was only 25 and children weren't exactly on her wish-list just yet, but why was she even thinking like that now? Do I honestly like him that much already? I dunno... And not fliriting with me? What the heck am I doing at his table then?

"Adopted daughter as a single parent? That's surprising." Kat replied casually. "Guess you're one of really lucky ones."
Okay, that probably wasn't what he'd expected to hear, but right now, Kat wasn't sure about what she actually had going with Jason and if she wanted something going at all. She just met him, how should she know?
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Jason watched her as she said that, he was getting the feeling that she wasn't interested, but he continued on.  "I believe I am" he replied honestly, leaning in a little bit at the same time.  As he did, he gently touched Kathleen's hand with his.  "What do you do when your not working?" he asked
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Kath had no idea what exactly to think about this man. He seemed like and he certainly was good-looking, but what about his intentions with her? Did he have any? Kathleen couldn't believe that he was simply making small talk just to have a female friend. She was confused, for the first time she was confused about a guy. Out of instinct abd surprise she pulled her hand away, when Jason's hand touched hers. But she looked up into his eyes. Thanks to the light he couldn't see that her cheeks were just a slight bit red.
"Nothing interesting, actually." she replied eventually.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 am

Jason watched her as she said that.  "A beautiful woman like you doesn't do anything interesting in Berlin?.....we need to change that." he replied as he watched her, dropping a hint that he wanted to see her outside of the club.  At the same time, he didn't know that Kath was blushing as well.  "There are so many different things to do here." he said as he watched her.  It was becoming clear that he was showing his feelings for her.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Lindemann Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 am

Kathleen sighed a little bit in reply and let her eyes wander around the club. She got the hint, or at least she thought it was a hint, but why not say it in first place? Why beat around the bush?
Beautiful woman? Huh, but I though you weren't flirting with me...
"Good luck trying... when I get home from work I usually need to sleep." she said casually, not looking at him.

Before she would let her guard down and change her attitude he needed to learn that Kat didn't like those kind of games. She was someone who spoke her mind clearly, although sometimes she was good at this game of dropping hints. But after her last relationship, Kat would wait until he stopped beating around the bush and came right out and said that he wanted to meet up with her outside the club.
If he came right out and asked her, maybe she would say yes.
Kathleen Lindemann
Kathleen Lindemann
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Collins Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 am

Jason noticed it as he watched her, "Okay, I get it, your not the game playing type and I apologize for leading you on but......I want to ask you out." he said to her off the cuff as he sat there and watched her.  At the same time, he was kicking himself for the way he had been acting to Kath just now.  Jason wished he could start over and try again with her, but he knew that he couldn't.
Jason Collins
Jason Collins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next