City of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Navigation
Vote For Us!

Welcome to Berlin!
Berlin

Rules
Plot For The Academy
Face Claim List
"Canon" List
Introduction Model

It is now: Autumn!
Summer

Latest topics
» AbaddonCity.com |18+|
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:15 am by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 am by Guest

» Dark Times Lie Ahead ~ An AU fourth-year Harry Potter RP
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 am by Juliet Rousseau

» The War in Heaven - Panfandom Roleplay
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:52 pm by Guest

» Texts From Last Night
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm by Nicholas Rivera

» Martial Arts (open)
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm by Maria Renner

» Emma Blackwells
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 2:48 am by Maria Renner

» THE WILD - STEAM | GANGS | ABILITIES | LITERATURE
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am by Guest

» Earth's Mightiest Heroes - A SuperWhoLockVengers RP
An unexpected discovery (Alex) EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm by Sadie Carlisle

Chatbox
Top posting users this week
No user

Affiliates
Sites We <33
Affiliate with us and have your banner here!

Member Sites

An unexpected discovery (Alex)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An unexpected discovery (Alex) Empty An unexpected discovery (Alex)

Post by Idrys Sagrera Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 am

Idrys sighed to herself and passed a hand through her long blonde hair as she waited at a small table not far away from the stage. She had come there with Alex that night, God knew why she had called him. And now, he had been called back to work, at least for a little while. She kept glancing back at the bar, but she hadn't seen him at all; because she assumed that he was a bartender, just like she was. She sipped from her coffee cocktail and crossed her legs. It was probably going to be a long wait, seeing that she didn't know anyone else there.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

An unexpected discovery (Alex) Empty Re: An unexpected discovery (Alex)

Post by Alexander Grey Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 am

Alex ran a hand through his hair, surveying the crowd as he waited for the previous dancer to get off stage. I wish I wasn't doing this... Usually he enjoyed his job; this was not one of those times. What an awful way for Idrys to find out what I do as a living...

As his colleague got off the stage, much to the good-natured groans of the female audience, Alex gave a resigned sigh. Go on... It's like a plaster - you just have to rip it off and get it over and done with. No point in prolonging the inevitable.

Getting up on stage, he let the music wash over him as he scanned the audience. He spotted her in an instant, sitting over by the bar. Lordy, she was by the stage as well... Crap.
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:36 am

Idrys leaned back in her chair and once again passed a hand through her hair. This was not turning out the day she had been expecting; actually, she didn't even know what she had expected. Why she had called Alex, who had now let her there by herself and simply disappeared. Because he was not at the bar; maybe he was somewhere behind, doing some work. She sighed and shook her head, not looking at the stage just yet. Normally, she'd be excited for a show like this, but she was seeing good dancers at the club she worked every night. It was nothing that interesting anymore.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

Another sigh escaped the dancer's lips and he began to move in time to the music. At least it's a good song... That, however, didn't make it any easier - the fact that any moment now she'd look up and see what he really did for a job.

Why, karma? Why do you hate me so?
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 am

Idrys heard the women's cheers and raised her eyes to look at the stage; what a mistake. What she saw there made her eyes widen slightly and her lips parted. She swallowed looking at Alex. So that was it? He had spoken to her only to get her to his show, while she thought that he was just a barman who had a day off. She remained there for the moment, a disappointed look on her face.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

Dancing about as he collected tips, Alex felt none of the usual excitement and adrenaline that he usually felt. Usually he enjoyed this - the dancing, the incessant teasing. The knowledge that these females wanted him, and yet there was nothing they could do about it; there was no way they could have him.

But tonight... Well, tonight he felt awful. Why he felt like this, he wasn't sure. After all, he and Idrys weren't even dating. But this wasn't the way she should have found out...

And then he saw the disappointment written all over her face. He shot her a thoroughly apologetic look, mouthing an 'I'm sorry'. But there was nothing he could do. Not while he was up on this stage, anyway.
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:04 am

Idrys saw how good of a dancer Alex was and how all those women drooled over him. And the fact that he had talked to her and given his number to her only to bring her to his show hurt her in a way. Because he probably did this all the time and maybe he finished those encounters in bed, who knew? He was a stripper, after all.

She caught the moment when he looked in her direction with an apologetic look, but there was not much he could do now. She swallowed again; with no other words or glances, she stood up, took her purse and headed outside. She couldn't deal with this. She passed a hand through her long hair and shook her head; how could she be so dumb?
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 am

Running a hand through his hair, he began to undo the buttons of his shirt, teasingly slow. The females didn't break their gaze, gave muffles squeaks of excitement as his shirt hit the floor and they got an eyeful of abs.

This is wrong... I should get off the stage. Get someone to cover me. I should follow her...
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am

Before completely getting out of the club, Idrys turned her head ever-so-slightly, to catch a glimpse of Alex again. He had just taken his shirt off and the silly women there were all drooling over him and ready to jump on stage. She shook her head again and got out. How had she thought that such a charming, gorgeous man would have talked to her because he thought that she was interesting? She was not. She was shy, she was not one for parties and not as slutty as the other girls. The night they met she was actually wearing a pair of jeans, a button-down shirt and flat shoes, nothing interesting, nothing sexy that would draw the attention of someone like him. She should have realized that he had a personal goal in this.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 am

The song finished and Alex got off stage, feeling worse now than he had when he'd started. Get a grip, Alex. It's just a girl...

Shush you. It's not just a girl. She's not just a girl.

This feeling, whatever it was, was foreign to him. Alex wasn't one to get possessive, or care much about what people thought of him. And yet when it came to Idrys, he actually did care. For what possible reason, he couldn't understand.

It's because she's different. Different from all the other girls you've met. And that was the truth. She was different, in that she retained a charming naivety about the world. She was sweet and demure, and Alex liked that.
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:48 am

Idrys wanted to go home at first, watch a movie and just sleep. This guy had proved her how naibe she was and how silly actually. And maybe it was better now, because they hadn't got further. Eventually, she decided to take a walk, thinking that the cold air might clear her head at least a little bit.

Later, she again thought of going home, but instead, took another decision. A harder one, maybe a wrong one, but she had to know and clear some things. So she returned to the club; it was almost morning and everyone had left. She didn't even know if he'd still be there, but she had to try.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 am

Staring at the clock on the dressing room wall, Alex marvelled at the fact that it was morning. Time to go home, time for some sleep, his brain told him happily. Home and sleep would have to wait. Alex needed a drink. And a strong one at that.

As the last few customers shuffled out, the dancer sat at the bar, drinking all alone. Why hadn't he gone after her, gone to find her? Because by the time he'd managed to head out after her, she was long gone. Guess there's no chance of a date now...
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am

Idrys passed a hand through her hair as she went back inside of the club. Wow, absolutely everyone had left; she had assumed that there were still some drunk teenagers over there, but it was no chance for that. She looked around and finally spotted Alex's form at the bar. He was the only one in there and that got her wondering; why was he so alone and having a drink in the morning? Maybe some difficulties at work.

She sighed slightly and slowly walked up to him. "Hey," she said quietly, looking at his back. She didn't even know why she was there, but she had to talk to him and see what he wanted from her.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Deep in his thoughts, Alex finished the beer in his hands, signalling for another. What a brilliant way to be spending the morning... Not.

Don't think about her. Stop. Right now.

Just as he took a sip from the new bottle, he heard a voice at his shoulder. A voice that could only belong to one person. "Hello Idrys," he replied, a shadow of a smile crossing his lips. "Please, feel free to sit. Wanna beer or something?"
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Idrys looked at Alex's handsome face, swallowing slightly. She would have never thought that he was just like the others, but oh well; it seemed like she was not that good at reading people. She moved closer and leaned slightly against the bar. "No, I'm good," she replied, slightly shaking her head and looking down.

"Why did you do it, Alex?" she asked quietly, raising her shoulders a little. "Why did you give me your phone number, why did you agree to come here with me tonight, if that was going to happen? What did you think that it was going to happen?" She had many question and no answer to them.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:46 pm

"Why?" Alex repeated softly, giving a disbelieving laugh. "Because I wanted to see you. I wanted to go out with you, have a couple of drinks and spend a wonderful night with you," he told her, looking up from his beer and holding her gaze. "Getting called into work was not on my to-do list tonight," he added with a wry chuckle.
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Idrys swallowed a bit hard when her eyes met his mesmerizing ones. He was so good with words, but his job had probably got him this way. He was a flirt, very charming indeed, but only because his job asked for that. She couldn't believe one word he said, but not because she didn't trust him, but she didn't believe in herself. She didn't believe that such a charming, handsome man was interested in her, at least a little bit, at least as a friend.
"How do I know that you didn't just want to bring more people to your show? You didn't tell me what you were doing, any sane person would understand this," she said just as quietly, looking down again.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm

He studied her for a moment, not breaking eye contact. Those eyes... Those beautiful dark eyes were what had hooked him, the first time they'd met. Intelligent eyes, but naive all the same.

At her words he shook his head. "Because there's no need for me to bring more people to my show. It's busy enough as it is. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't go to Papillion Noir to recruit them."
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 am

Idrys kept looking down at her hands as she cupped them on the bar. He was so handsome and had such beautiful eyes that whenever they made eye-contact, she felt like blushing and looking away. She swallowed a bit at his reply, then raised her eyes again to look at him.

"Okay, I... I'm sorry, for running off like that," she spoke quietly. She was not one to apologize usually, but she felt like it was need of that at the moment. "It must have looked as if your job is something embarassing, which is not. Really, you're very talented and a great dancer," she assured him with a slight, shy nod.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Taking another sip of his beer, he gave a casual shrug. "It's understandable, really. It was quite a big shock, after all. But thanks for the compliment," he added with a smile. "I'm curious though, what exactly did you think I did for a job?" he asked, raising an eyebrow slightly. Most people instantly assumed the worst when he mentioned he worked here; why hadn't she?
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 pm

For the first time since she returned at the club, Idrys gave Alex a small smile. She felt bad now for reacting like this, since it was no need for that. But still, she hadn't expected that.
"I... don't know, I thought you were a bartender or something," she said with a shy shrug and a slight blush in her cheeks.
She sighed softly then looked at him again. "I feel so bad for reacting like this. What can I do to make up for it?" she asked, another slight smile playing in the corners of her lips.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 pm

At her words, Alex couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips. Wow, that was a first. "That's rather sweet. Usually everyone simply expects the worst and just simply assumes that I'm a dancer. Rather awkward when in 'high society'," he replied with a shake of his head, the grin not leaving.

"Just relax, yeah...? Let bygones be bygones, or whatever that odd saying is. Either way it's in the past and no point in beating yourself up about it. As for what you can do," here a mischievous sparkle came into his eyes, "well, maybe we could go out again some time for drinks and dancing. Far away from this place though," he added with another laugh.
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Idrys slightly raised her eyebrows when Alex called her 'sweet'. Or rather not her, but the confusion that had taken place in her mind. Either way, it was new and it made her blush even further. She chuckled slightly and just looked down at her hands.

Idrys smiled when he told her to relax and just forget about it. She had thought that he would be upset, but it was better this way. It was true that they didn't even know each other properly, but she didn't want him upset. At his next words though, about what she could do, a smile and a blush flooded her face. "I would love to," she replied, this time looking straight into his lovely eyes.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Grey Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Another chuckle left Alex as Idrys raised her eyebrow at him then blushed. "Do you always blush this much, or is it something that's only reserved for me?" he teased. Man she's adorable. And that smile of hers...

The sparkle in his eyes refused to leave when the lovely female before him agreed to his offer. "Brilliant," he told her, holding her gaze and hoping that the smile that played on his lips didn't look as goofy as he worried it might. "Any particular place you'd like to go?"
Alexander Grey
Alexander Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Idrys Sagrera Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 pm

A soft chuckle escaped Idrys's throat at Alex's words. She knew that she didn't have to be that shy around him anymore, because there were other circumstances here than the night they met. Not to mention that the club was empty and they were the only ones in there. "I... don't blush," she tried to hide herself, though it didn't work that well. "It's... hot in here," she mumbled, though the smile never left her lips.

At his next question, she looked at him and shook her head slowly. "No, not really," she said with a slight shrug. "Though I would like it to be far away from here. Or Le Papillon," she chuckled.
Idrys Sagrera
Idrys Sagrera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next